Healthy Berry Dessert Recipes: Whole Wheat Chewy Raspberry Bars
Looking for a really easy, healthy berry dessert recipe that you can whip up with the kids? Try these Whole Wheat Chewy Raspberry Bars.
Dwaine and I make our own raspberry jam from raspberry bushes we have planted in our yard here in Denver. Black raspberry are our favorite, but we also have red. We take an afternoon every so often and make a batch of jam, following Dwaine’s mom’s blue-ribbon recipe. This is an easy way to share some of it with friends and neighbors!
Whole Wheat Chewy Raspberry Bars
- 1/2 cup Butter Room Temp
- 1 cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Rolled Oats Instant or Regular
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam or Preserves
- Set oven to 350F
- Grease an 8X8" baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix.
- Add flour, baking powder and oats and mix until you reach a crumbly texture. Set aside 1/2 of this mixture for the topping.
- Pour the oat mixture into your pan and pat down firmly. Spread the jam or preserves over this layer, and top with the remaining crumble.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in the pan on a rack and cut into bars.
Questions? Comments? Please leave a note below! I would love to hear from you.