Toaster Oven Recipes – Baked French Toast
If you’ve got an egg and some sandwich bread, you can whip up a quick, delicious breakfast in your toaster oven with a minimum of fuss and mess. This Baked French Toast recipe is perfect for your toaster oven, producing four slices of crispy, not soggy, French toast in about 15 minutes.
This technique can also be used in your regular oven when you need to feed an army. But I find it perfect for feeding just Dwaine and I on one of these cold Colorado mornings.
The recipe calls for three simple steps – whipping up a custard from eggs and milk, soaking the bread in the baking pan, then baking/broiling the bread to a crispy finish.
Regular pan-fried French toast can be soggy. The edges might get crisp, but the middle can be a bit damp and eggy. This recipe produces a uniformly crisp toast, slightly sweet with a hint of cinnamon. You can eat it on-the-go, just as it is – or sit down with some butter and syrup while enjoying a hot cup of coffee.
I know you’ll enjoy it.
Baked French Toast
- 1 lg Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Dash of Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 slices Sandwich Bread Or Texas toast
- Heat your toaster oven to 425F. Coat a toaster-oven sized baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together egg, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Continuing the whisking, slowly add the melted butter, then the milk.
- Pour this mixture onto the baking sheet and lay out your bread slices. Once you've laid them out, flip them over to coat the other side. Mop up any custard along the edges with the bread.
- Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes. Switch the oven to Broil and broil the top until the slices are golden brown - about 5 minutes more. You may need to rotate your pan.
- Remove from the oven and flip each slice. Serve with fruit, syrup, confectioner's sugar, or just grab-and-go.
Looking for a great toaster oven? This Breville is the highest-rated toaster oven on the market. Breville Counter top Oven BOV650XL the Compact Smart Oven